Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, bûche de noël for christmas. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Bûche de Noël For Christmas is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Bûche de Noël For Christmas is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook bûche de noël for christmas using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bûche de Noël For Christmas:
- Take Chocolate cream:
- Get 200 grams Heavy cream
- Take 10 grams Sugar
- Make ready 58 grams Chocolate bar (dark)
- Prepare Decorations:
- Get 1 Cocoa
- Get 1 Chocolate
- Prepare 1 Strawberries, cacao nibs, ornaments, etc…
- Take Roll cake batter:
- Make ready 3 Eggs
- Take 80 grams Sugar
- Get 40 grams ●Cake flour
- Take 15 grams Cocoa
- Get 20 grams Milk
- Get 20 grams Butter
Steps to make Bûche de Noël For Christmas:
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Bring the eggs to room temperature. Combine the ● ingredients and sift. Preheat the oven to 355/180C.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add all of the sugar. Beat until small bubbles form and the eggs are completely beaten.
- Now touch the eggs with your finger and if they feel cold, microwave at 10 second intervals until warm to the touch (they should be a little warmer than body temperature). Be sure to mix after every 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Beat with a hand mixer on high speed until light-colored and thick, then on low speed until smooth.
- Add the sifted ● ingredients in 4 - 5 batches, folding in with a rubber spatula.
- Keep mixing this way until the batter looks shiny and is well mixed.
- Put milk and butter in a separate bowl and microwave. Add a small amount of the batter and mix.
- Add all of the mixture from Step 7 into the bowl of batter and mix. The finished batter will be shiny and will drizzle into the bowl when you lift the spatula.
- Pour the batter into the baking sheet and smooth out the surface. Rap the baking sheet on the counter to release air bubbles. Bake for 12 minutes at 355F/180C. About 6 minutes into the baking time, turn the pan.
- As soon as it's done baking, remove the cake from the baking sheet. Cover the surface tightly with plastic wrap to prevent drying and let it cool.
- Make the chocolate cream. Whip the heavy cream with the sugar and then add whipped cream to the melted chocolate and mix. You will use 120 g of the cream for the filling and the rest for frosting the surface of the cake.
- Gently remove the parchment paper and place the cake on a sheet of plastic wrap. Spread the cream on the cake, making a thicker layer on the edge closest to you and a thinner layer as you get to the end. Gently and slowly roll up the cake.
- After the cake is rolled up, wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator, seam side down, and chill thoroughly.
- After the cake is chilled, cut off both ends. Now cut off a 2 - 3 cm piece diagonally from one end. This is for the "stump".
- First frost the entire cake with the cream. Then place the "stump" piece on top of the cake and frost it as well. Use a fork to make the pattern on the surface of the cream.
- Sprinkle cocoa all over the cake. Stick chocolate on the cut ends to decorate as you like (I melted a chocolate bar, spread it out thin, let it harden, cut it out into round circles and drewa spiral).
- Now just decorate the cake with your favorite fruits and ornaments, and it's done!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food bûche de noël for christmas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!