Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, amy's little strawberry sponge cakes .. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Amy's Little Strawberry Sponge Cakes . is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Amy's Little Strawberry Sponge Cakes . is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have amy's little strawberry sponge cakes . using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Amy's Little Strawberry Sponge Cakes .:
- Make ready 115 grams softened butter
- Take 250 grams caster sugar
- Take 2 eggs
- Get 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Get 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 4 tbsp strawberry yogurt
- Prepare 1 tsp bicarbanate of soda
- Make ready 225 grams fresh strawberries - mashed
- Take 200 grams plain flour
- Prepare 1 coloured icing pencils .
- Prepare 1 packages green mint leaf lollies .
- Prepare 1 strawberry icing
- Make ready 30 grams butter - softened
- Prepare 120 grams icing sugar
- Prepare 1 tbsp milk
- Get 1 tbsp strawberry quick / flavour
- Make ready 1 tsp mashed strawberries or 1 teaspoon of red or pink food colouring .
- Make ready 1 green icing
- Make ready 30 grams softened butter
- Get 120 grams icing sugar
- Take 1 tbsp milk
- Get 1/2 tbsp green food colouring
- Take 1 tsp lemon zest
- Get 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
Steps to make Amy's Little Strawberry Sponge Cakes .:
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- grease cup cake tins and set aside tell needed .
- in a small bowl cream together the butter and the caster sugar then add the beaten eggs and beat for 1 minute then stir in the vanilla essence and salt to the mix and combine all well to.
- In another bowl stir together the yogurt and bicarbonate of soda till the soda has dissolved then bed the yogurt mix into the egg mix along with the flour and beat well to combine all well , now stir in the mashed strawberries to combine .
- Pour the batter mixture into the prepared tins and place in middle of oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or till golden or until top springs back when lightly touched . remove from heat and let cool a little in the trays once cooled place on cooling rack to cool completely before icing .
- Making The Strawberry Icing :
- cream together the butter and icing sugar then add the milk , strawberries flavour and mashed strawberries and beat well until smooth but a little thick , if too runny add 1 spoonful of icing sugar at a time till desired consistency . Spread over lower part of the strawberry cakes to represent a strawberry .
- To Make Green Icing :
- follow the instructions for the strawberry icing but add to top of cakes as to represent leaves of a strawberry .
- Add the mint leave lollies to look like strawberry leaves . using icing pens place dots onto the strawberry icing to represent seeds of the strawberry . Serve and enjoy . :-) .
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food amy's little strawberry sponge cakes . recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!